Covers healthcare responsibilities and recognition of the signs of physical abuse or neglect of children or vulnerable adults.
Why should I attend this course?
All dental staff are now required by law to undertake specialised safeguarding training to learn how to detect and deal with potential neglect and abuse. It is also a GDC and CQC mandatory requirement.*
How long is this course?
Level 1 & 2 are a morning course
Level 3 is delivered in the afternoon.
Who delivers the training?
Our experienced trainers are retired police detectives providing a unique insight into the need for professional vigilance:
- Debbie Carson
- Colin Welsh
- Paul Clack
What is covered in this course?
- What to do in response to concerns
- Working within the multi-agency arena
- Taking emergency action
- Where to access help and advice
- Definition and relevance to Dental Practices
- Roles and responsibilities
- Signs and indicators of abuse
Where are the courses held?
There are four courses taking place in 2017 at venues across the country:
- Friday 3rd February - Manchester
- Friday 26th May - Birmingham
- Friday 8th September - London
- Friday 13th October - Bristol
- Wednesday 6th December - Durham
How much does this course cost?
£65 plus VAT For Levels 1 & 2 per person
£85 plus VAT For Levels 1, 2 & 3 per person