UK Compliance Practice Assessment
DBG have been working with practices and assisting them in preparing for inspections since the inception of the CQC audit in 2010. We are proud to have supported thousands of practices across the UK to identify areas of concern and assist them in achieving compliance.
Our UK Compliance Practice Assessment is an onsite 'mock' inspection which has been developed to ensure that you are prepared with your responses and your evidence can be validated in the event of a formal inspection from the CQC or regulatory body. Throughout the assessment, we will provide advice on the lastest guidance and best practice. DBG will then provide a full practice compliance gap analysis so you can solve the issues before the inspectors find them.
The assessment is designed to demonstrate to your practice team, your patients and the regulatory bodies that you are proactively working towards maintaining your obligations and compliance with UK Compliance Standards.
We will provide assistance & advice on the latest guidance and best practice throughout our visit.
How long will the assessment take?
A full practice assessment normally takes 5-6 hours, depending on the size of the practice and level of compliance.
Which areas will DBG assess?
- Your premises, including: access, facilities, security, fire precautions, third parties and business continuity plans
- Information governance including Freedom of Information Act, manual computerised records, GDPR, Data Protection and security
- Radiography including Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR17) / Ionising Radiations Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2017 (IRR(NI)17) compliance
- Cross Infection and Decontamination including HTM 01-05 compliance. Approved code of practice guidance and surgery audits
- Foreseeable medical emergencies including resuscitation, emergency drugs provision, equipment and protocols
- Training, documentation and certificates
- Waste management, documentation and storage
- Practice policies and written procedures
An online report* will be produced confirming the results of your assessment with any improvements and recommendations required via a bespoke action plan.
*Scotland excepted. Inspections in Scotland will follow the 2017 CPI checklist and will not produce an online report.
How much does the UK Compliance Practice Assessment cost?
For a DBG Member we would charge £750 (plus VAT) for up to 2 surgeries (£90 plus VAT per additional surgery)
And for a non DBG Member we would charge £950 (plus VAT) for up to 2 surgeries (£90 plus VAT per additional surgery)