Fire Risk Assessment
All employers and any person who is self-employed are required to assess the risks in the workplace according to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999 (risk assessment), CQC (England only) “Essential Standards of Quality and Safety” Regulation supporting evidence
Why do I need this assessment?
Are you able to answer YES to all of these questions?
- Are existing fire safety measures within the premises adequate?
- Are sources of fuel and ignition controlled?
- Is there adequate means for detecting fire and giving warning?
- Is there adequate means of escape in case of fire from all parts of the premises?
- Are evacuation plans and responsible persons clearly highlighted to all who use the practice?
- Has adequate and appropriate fire fighting equipment been provided, and is it suitably located?
- Is there an adequate testing and maintenance regime in place for fire precautions within the premises?
- Have employees been adequately trained in fire safety procedures within the premises and in the use of fire fighting equipment?
- Is evidence available from induction?
- Are there procedures in place for reviewing assessments?
- Are learning outcomes evident?
How long is this assessment valid?
DBG would recommend you have a Fire Risk assessment every 12 months or sooner if there are to be any maintenance work or structural changes to your premises.
How long will the assessment take?
For 2 surgeries it should take approximately 2 hours.
What does this assessment include?
- Identification of the fire risks arising from or in connection with a dental practice
- Identification of the location of staff, patients and visiting contractors at significant risk in case of fire in the dental practice
- Identification of arrangements that must be in place when patients, staff and visiting contractors are on site in the event of a fire
- Identification of current systems in place and whether current management is adequate and maintained
How much does this assessment cost?
For a DBG Member this assessment is £200 plus VAT for up to 2 surgeries (£50 plus VAT for additional surgeries).
For a non DBG Member this assessment is £300 plus VAT for up to 2 surgeries (£75 plus VAT for additional surgeries).