Legionella Risk Assessment
DBG, in partnership with global water management specialist Euro Environmental, work to ensure that your practice meets with their legal requirements. Euro Environmental are specialists in industrial support services and are members of the Legionella Control Association (LCA).
Each dental practice will be surveyed via DBG according to the ACOP L8 document, HTM 04-01 and HTM 01-05.
Regulations and guidance that govern the management of Legionella include:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- ACOP L8 Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems
- COSHH 2002
- HTM 01-05
- HTM 04-01 parts A and B
Why do I need this assessment?
It has been a statutory requirement for some time for commercial premises to have a Legionella control system in place. The HTM 01-05 document has re-highlighted the need for all dental practice owners and responsible persons to be aware of their legal obligations relating to the control of Legionella on their premises, which is also echoed by the Care Quality Commission* "Essential Standards of Quality and Safety"
How long is this assessment valid?
A Legionella risk assessment is to be carried out ‘regularly’
DBG would recommend you have a Legionella Risk assessment every 2 years unless there has been any structural changes within this time.
How long will the assessment take?
For 2 surgeries it should take approximately 2 hours.
What does this assessment include?
- A full survey of domestic water services and all dental equipment used in the practice including Ultra Violet Systems, Reverse Osmosis and Disinfection Units
- Inspection of all maintenance records
- Review of all commissioning, decommissioning, cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Supply of dbg Euro Environmental L8 Log Book including self-monitoring pack for weekly flushing and monthly temperature testing
- A standard risk assessment
- Access to all survey information via the internet.
How much does this assessment cost?
For a DBG Member this assessment is £350 plus VAT for up to 2 surgeries (£90 plus VAT for additional surgeries).
For a non DBG Member this assessment is £450 plus VAT for up to 2 surgeries (£120 plus VAT for additional surgeries).