How often do I need my Washer Disinfector servicing?
The majority of manufacturers recommend you have an annual service.
How long will it take?
It takes around an hour and a half to service a Smeg Washer Disinfector, Prestige models take up to 4 hours, and Medisafe take 2 and a half hours.
How much do you charge?
Washer Disinfector (Benchtop) charge starts from £285+vat
Washer Disinfector (Underbench) charge starts from £285+vat
Washer Disinfector (Free Standing) charge starts from £355+vat
What does our Engineer actually do?
- Check and record serial number
- Isolate water and electricity to the unit
- Remove cover
- Check for signs of steam/water leaks
- Check for lime scale contamination and remove as necessary
- Remove any debris from the sump, dispose of in accordance with the practice policy
- Follow manufacturers guidelines for servicing requirements, replace parts as required by manufacturer
- Fit the temperature probe to areas specified by manufacturer and record results
- Turn on water and electricity to the unit
- Perform and record water quality check, hardness, pressure and temperature
- Check suitability and expiry date of detergent, replace if necessary
- Run a test cycle in disinfection mode, monitor and record temperature and time for disinfection phase
- Check for any steam or water leaks during the cycle, repair as necessary
- Remove temperature probe (ensure cover of the test port is replaced)
- Refit cover and clean the outside of the washer disinfector if necessary
- Complete all paperwork