AED & Specialised Resuscitation Equipment
AED & Specialised Resuscitation Equipment training takes place at your practice and DBG’s qualified instructors will give the practice team ‘on-site’ training on the use of an Automated External Defibrillator & Specialised Resuscitation equipment recommended by the UK Resuscitation Council.
Why do I need to do this course?
The Quality standards for cardiopulmonary resuscitation practice and training from the Resuscitation Council state -
All clinical areas should have immediate access to an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Primary dental care providers, general dental practitioners and all other dental healthcare professionals should undergo training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including basic airway management and the use of an AED.
How long will this course take?
The course takes approximately 2 hours and is verifiable CPD
What is covered in this course?
- In-house practice specific training.
- Group discussions covering theoretical topics such as causes of cardiac arrest, survival factors, statistics and how defibrillators work in order to save lines.
- The safe use of an AED on both adult and children.
- Basic AED daily maintenance procedures.
- Hands on review and practical usage of specialised resuscitation equipment including, oxygen administration during CPR, bag valve mask resuscitators, oro-pharyngeal airways and portable emergency suction devices.
- Multiple hands on practical cardiac arrest simulations, utilising the AED and all of the specialised resuscitation equipment.
- DBG trainer audit and recommendations as per UK Resuscitation Council and BNF Guidelines.
- Practice team emergency response, action taken and transfer of care to emergency services.
- Practice discussion to develop a bespoke emergency practice protocol/procedure.
- Recorded and documented competence assessments, audit and protocol in line with UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
How much does this course cost?
For a DBG Member the course is £200 + VAT for up to 12 delegates
For a non DBG member the course is £300 + VAT for up to 12 delegates
Any additional delegates are £10 each up to a maximum of 20.