COSHH & Legionella Awareness
All employees should receive COSHH & Legionella Awareness training due to the requirements laid down in the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
Large outbreaks of Legionnaires' disease are more commonly linked to purpose-built water systems such as cooling towers and evaporative condensers, but if conditions are favourable, Legionella Pneumophilia will grow in any hot and cold water system and will proliferate in large enough numbers to cause Legionnaires' disease.
Although Legionnaires' disease can be fatal, it is a disease that is preventable. Unfortunately, lack of awareness and training, inadequate control measures and management failings have all contributed to deaths from Legionnaires' disease and the need for better education and awareness has been emphasised as a requirement by regulatory bodies such as the Care Quality Commission and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Why do I need to do this course?
The HSE states that employers must 'Provide information, training and instruction for employees who work with substances hazardous to health.'
How long will this course take?
Our course takes approximately 2 hours and you will earn verifiable CPD.
What is covered in this course?
- COSHH Regulations and supporting Regulations
- COSHH symbols on packaging
- Substances Hazardous to Health
- Effects on the body
- Routes of Entry into the body
- Workplace Exposure Limits
- Basic facts about legionella, psuedonomas and waterborne bacteria and how it causes infection
- Legionnaires Disease, its history and symptoms
- Legal obligations and regulations
- Implementing control measures
How much does this course cost?
For a member the course is £220 + VAT for up to 15 delegates
For a non-member the course is £320 + VAT for up to 15 delegates
Any additional delegates are £10 each up to a maximum of 20.