Fundamental Standards Practice Assessment
DBG have been working with practices and assisting them in preparing for a CQC (England only) audit since its inception in 2010. During this time we have helped 1000s of practices and are proud of the fact none of them have failed.
Our onsite practice assessment has been developed to ensure that your responses are accurate and evidence can be validated for a formal inspection. DBG can then help you with any areas highlighted and provide a full practice compliance gap analysis.
The assessment is designed to demonstrate to your practice team, your patients and the regulatory bodies that you are proactively working towards maintaining your obligations and compliance with the "Fundamental Standards", as well as highlighting any potential finding that you will need to manage.
We will provide assistance & advice on the latest guidance and best practice throughout our visit.
How long will the assessment take?
A full practice assessment normally takes 4-5 hours, however this time can increase dependant on the number of surgeries being assessed.
What areas will DBG assess?
- Your premises including access, facilities, security, fire precautions, third parties and business continuity plans
- Information governance including Freedom of Information Act, manual computerised records, Data Protection and security
- Foreseeable medical emergencies including resuscitation, emergency drugs provision, equipment and protocols
- Training, documentation and certificates
- Waste management, documentation and storage
- Practice policies and written procedures
- Audit of clinical records and patient outcomes including quality measures
An online report, stored in the DBG Member's Area, will be produced confirming the results of your assessment with any improvements and recommendations required via a bespoke action plan.
How much does the Practice Assessment cost?
For a DBG Member we would charge £750 plus VAT for up to 2 surgeries (£90 plus VAT per additional surgery)
And for a non DBG Member we would charge £950 plus VAT for up to 2 surgeries (£90 plus VAT per additional surgery)