Infection Prevention & Control
DBG’s Infection Prevention and Control course is designed to assist the dental team on how to operate safely and practically inline with current legislation and guidance.
This course is delivered on site to ensure training is relevant to your practice and working environment.
Why do I need to do this course?
This subject is core subject to do as part of the minimum verifiable CPD requirement.
To ensure all members of the team are working effectively together in accordance with the practices infection control policies and procedures
Raise awareness of current legislation and guidance.
How long will this course take?
Our course takes 2.5 hours and is verifiable CPD.
What is covered in this course?
- The importance of Infection Prevention and Control in accordance with Health and Safety (Duty of Care), HTM 01-05 and the Law relating to Infection Control
- Practical tips to comply with HTM 01-05 and the Approved Code of Practice.
- Cross infection, the different types of infection (their associated diseases) and recognising the routes of infection
- Distinguish between cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation
- Safe, recognised procedures for the handling and decontamination of instruments
- Disinfection and sterilisation of instruments, impressions and surfaces
- Cleaning, maintaining and the testing of Ultra-Sonic Baths, Autoclaves, Aspirators and Suction Units
- The correct use of Autoclaves, Ultra-Sonic Baths, Washer Disinfectors and disposable Instruments
- Understanding Aseptic Storage
- The correct disposal of waste
- The importance of personal protection and protective workwear
- Identify essential and best practice requirements HTM 01-05
How much does this course cost?
Our Theory course for a DBG Member is £187.50* + VAT for up to 15 delegates.
For a Non DBG the course is £262.50* + VAT for up to 15 delegates.
Any additional delegates are £10 each up to a maximum of 20.
*price valid until 31st August 2016