Basic Life Support & Medical Emergencies
Basic Life Support and Medical Emergencies training takes place at your practice and DBG’s qualified instructors will give the practice team training on CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation), emergency drugs, common medical emergencies, basic resuscitation equipment and guidance on up to date legislation and recommendations.
Why do I need to do this course?
The GDC states that each member of the dental team must complete 10 hours of Medical Emergencies training in every CPD cycle and recommend you do at least 2 hours every 12 months.
How long will this course take?
The course lasts approximately 2.5 hours and this is all verifiable CPD.
What is covered in this course?
- In-house practice specific training.
- Practical CPR demonstrations on adult and child resuscitation manikins.
- 'Hands on’ practical CPR session utilising basic resuscitation aids on both adult and child resuscitation manikins for all the team including an overview of defibrillation and it’s importance.
- Bespoke Emergency Protocol.
- ABCDE patient assessment.
- Management of medical emergencies within primary dental care in accordance with BNF guidelines.
- Review the BNF guidance on drug administration for each of the listed medical emergencies.
- Advice and recommendation on your existing practice emergency response kit and the treatments you provide with a demonstration of dbg’s unique track & trace emergency drugs system with tamperproof seal.
- Practice team emergency response, action taken and transfer of care to emergency services.
- Trainer audit and recommendations as per UK Resuscitation Council and BNF Guidelines.
- Practice discussion to develop a bespoke emergency practice protocol/procedure.
- Recorded and documented competence assessments, audit and protocol in line with UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines and CQC* “Essential Standards of Quality and Safety".
How much does this course cost?
For a Member the course is £275 + VAT for up to 15 delegates
For a non member the course is £475 + VAT for up to 15 delegates